Saturday, August 6, 2011

Another Smoothie: Green Style

It's been a couple weeks since I posted again and, looking back through the pictures, it's hard for me to decide where to start. So I'll start slow, but yummy! I made another delicious, and healthy, smoothie concoction worth noting again. Basically, just throwing whatever I had available into my bullet large cup attachment and it turned out awesome again. Even my husband agreed he'd drink one! He described it as looking like Christmas in a glass (because of the green-spinach and red-strawberry flecks). But this drink is anything but Christmas tasting. The fruits make it the perfect summer drink!


Here's the basics of how this one went. I was working on pureeing some avocado and freezing it, so I first pureed the avocado flesh (adding a little fresh lemon juice to keep it from browning). I then took out most of the avocado and put into the freezer for later use (possibly for another delish smoothie). After I did this, I skinned and pitted one fresh peach. I then added a handful of frozen strawberries and the same of raw baby spinach. Finally, I added about 6 oz. of mixed berry Greek yogurt and blended it all together. The mixture turned out a touch thick, so I added a splash or two of milk to make it a good, drinkable consistency.

ENJOY!

Since this post turned out a little short, I thought I'd also share with you a little more insight to me. While I LOVE cooking at home, my professional life consists of being a full-time baker at a local college. While I don't currently do cakes on the side for a profit, every once in a while a friend or organization will ask me to supply the cake for a party or event as a gift or donation. This is a recent cake I did for the first birthday of a daughter of a couple of great friends! I like how it turned out and Mommy to the birthday girl seemed very pleased! Liliana also enjoyed delving into her own, over sized cupcake! Another day of making people happy and seeing smiles on people's faces complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment